If you are in immediate danger CALL 911
CRISIS CENTER INTERNET SAFETY WARNING:
Communication over the Internet is not confidential and can be traced. For more
information about Internet safety click here.
24-Hour Domestic Violence Hotline
Sunday, February 2, 2014 -7am to 2pm
Lincoln-Way North High School
19900 S Harlem
Frankfort, IL 60423
BECOME A TRIATHLETE!
THE FASTEST HOUR OF YOUR LIFE!
Become a triathlete in 60 minutes. The Indoor Triathlon to benefit the Crisis Center for South Suburbia is a fun challenge that appeals to everyone — from seasoned triathletes to first-timers — because you set your own pace. All of the action takes place in one convenient, weatherproof location — Lincoln-Way North High School. Registration Fee is $35 and all proceeds will benefit the Crisis Center.
Here’s how this one-hour race against the clock breaks down:
• 15-minute swim in the Lincoln-Way North Lap Pool
• 15-minute bike ride on a LifeFitness Exercise bike
• 15-minute run in the Field House indoor track
Performance is measured by distance covered in each of the three legs. The more distance you cover, the higher your score. Transition times are fixed at 10 minutes between the swim and bike and 5 minutes between bike and run. This is to ensure safe and courteous movement from pool to fitness area.
You will start in waves of 5 people every 20 minutes. Race with your friends, family or colleagues — time to catch up socially and physically! During the registration process you will be asked for a preferred start time and may list friends or family with whom you would like to race. We will do our best to accommodate your requested time frame, however we will be slotting the participants based on a first come, first serve basis so be sure to get your registration form in quickly.
To participate, you must be 18 years of age or older.
For more information, call Mark Moylan at 708-429-MARK (6275) or E-mail: email@example.com
If you cannot race but would like to donate to the Crisis Center for South Suburbia, click on www.crisisctr.org and Donate Now, or make check payable to Crisis Center for South Suburbia and mail to CCSS, P.O. Box 39, Tinley Park, IL 60477
The Tinley Park Convention Center is teaming up with the Crisis Center for South Suburbia to keep women and children warm this winter season! Please consider donating a warm, gently used coat to benefit women and children touched by domestic violence. You can drop off your new or gently used coats at the bin located in the South Lobby of the TP Convention Center located at 18451 Convention Center Drive, Tinley Park, IL 60477.
- Collect pledges for an event that you are participating in, such as a run/walk, marathon, etc. (check out one donor’s quest to raise funds for domestic violence prevention)
- Give a percentage of your business proceeds for a day (i.e. Dine to Donate, percentage of orders for particular items, etc.)
- Host an event. Groups in the past and present have done cut-a-thons, motorcycle rides, art shows, etc. Be creative.
- Collect donations for a discount at your business (i.e. collect baby care items for 10% off or gently used clothing for a free item).