Choices Co-Facilitator, Part-time
Responsible for co-facilitating the CHOICES Programs men’s groups, which provide direct client services. Assist in providing the provision of individual assessments of clients referred to the men’s program. Provide group and/or time limited individual counseling services, and provide other direct service as needed. Facilitate orientation workshop and men’s group counseling on a weekly basis. BA or BSW strongly preferred. PAIP experience preferred.
Interested parties should send a resumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Residential Counselor, Part-time
REPORTS TO: Director of Residential Services
SUMMARY: Coordinate and assure continuity of services necessary for a client’s success in shelter through family case management. These services include but are not limited to: assessment of immediate needs, coordination of services, referrals, monitoring and advocacy to assist clients in gaining access to appropriate services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide emergency services for clients through daily family case management, counseling and group sessions.
- Maintain approval status; provide on-call coverage, one week at a time, on a rotating basis with Residential and Hotline Staff.
- Responsible for accurate and complete documentation of residential client services and submission of paperwork within the agency’s time frame.
- Participate in staff shift change; leave detailed taped shift report re: client issues after completion of shift.
- Provide accurate and consistent referral services; maintain knowledge of community and social service resources; provide advocacy as needed.
- Participate in Residential Staffing, Residential Services Department meetings, supervision with the Director of Residential Services and other meetings and trainings as requested by the Director of Residential Services.
- Successfully complete 40 hours of ICADV domestic violence training.
- Remain current in the field of domestic violence by attending in-services, workshops, etc. relevant to the field.
- Follow all CCSS policies and procedures for client safety, confidentiality and services; work consistently and responsibly with staff, volunteers and interns; maintain appropriate boundaries with clients.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Residential Services.
BA in social work, psychology or other related field. Minimum six months to one year experience in related internship and/or work experience. Excellent verbal and written skills. Strong organizational and interpersonal skills. Commitment to non-violence within families and homes. An understanding of domestic violence issues.
The Crisis Center offers internships for both bachelor and master level students seeking to work with domestic violence cases.
For more information on professional internships at the Crisis Center, contact our volunteer coordinator Melisa Devlin at (708) 429-7255 x138 or email@example.com.